To arrange transport of your bicycle please contact your airline to ensure they will allow you to keep the bicycle in the hold. You will likely pay extra charges for a bicycle.
For Easyjet’s Bicycle Carriage Information please visit the Bicycle page on their website.
Ryanair does not have a website page dedicated to the carriage of bicycles, however, they do provide a pricing of £60 / €60 if booked online, or £70 / €70 if paid at the airport. It is advisable to book ahead of time to ensure your bicycle will be allowed on the plane.
Most airlines require you to ensure the following:
- each bicycle is packaged in an individual bicycle box or bag
- no other items are carried in the bicycle box or bag apart from the bicycle
- the handlebars are turned to lie flush to the frame to reduce width
- pedals are removed or folded flush to the frame where available
- electric bike batteries are removed and stored in other hold luggage
- hydraulic suspension and braking systems are usually allowed
You can purchase a bicycle box at Nice Airport at the Safe Bag counters in Terminals 1 and 2. They are softboxes usable once.
Terminal 1 – on the departures floor, close to check-in counters 1-2.
Mon 05:30 – 19:30
Tue 05:30 – 19:30
Wed 05:30 – 19:30
Thu 05:30 – 19:30
Fri 05:30 – 19:30
Sat 05:30 – 19:30
Sun 05:30 – 19:30
Terminal 2 – on the departures floor, close to the Air France check-in counters.
Mon 05:30 – 23:30
Tue 05:30 – 23:30
Wed 05:30 – 23:30
Thu 05:30 – 23:30
Fri 05:30 – 23:30
Sat 05:30 – 23:30
Sun 05:30 – 23:30